Sunday, June 19, 2011

Paper Dolls Challenge week 3

Well the Paper Dolls are having another cut file challenge. I missed the challenge last week, but the dollhouses they made were so cute I just might have to make one just for the fun of it.

This week they have a challenge designed around cut files inspired by the graphics they used on their blog.  Belinda (aka Bee) from  Bee's Hive O Drama made the svg's.


I used Belinda's frame and heart shaped button and made a shaker box card with a see-through window.
I added blue glitter to the shaker box to look like water.
(It reminds me of those plastic cases with sand in the middle where you can flip it over and watch the sand flow to the other side :)

On the inside I have a cute little duckie and some waves.


The inside pieces all started out as white cardstock and I used my wonderful TH Distress Inks to color them.
(wild honey, rusty hinge, stormy sky, & tumbled glass)
I do not have a black Distress ink so I placed a couple of drops of Slate alcohol ink on my non-stick mat and sprayed it twice with water. I added a drop of blending solution then rubbed the innertube piece all around in it. My fingers got a little messy but it worked :)
For the cloud effect, I placed a scalloped edge stencil over the paper and used my blending tool to smooth Stormy sky ink around the stencil and all over the paper. I moved the stencil a few times, creating a cloud appearance when I lifted the stencil. 
I have had that stencil for several years... back when chalking was the cool new technique in scrapbooking :)
You could just cut 's solid tag and use it as a stencil.

 I have used this little duck before.

I still can't remember where I got it. (If anyone knows who made it please let me know and I will gladly give her credit.) This little critter always makes me smile. The waves are from a free cut file from SVG Cuts. I trimmed them a little to fit my card.

If you would like more info on the shaker box with the see through window, I did a tutorial on it. Look for it on the tab just under the header at the top of my blog.
Hope it makes sense :)

Here are the cut files and template I made for the card base.
Card with window

You can get Belinda's files on the Paper Dolls Blog and enter the challenge.

Happy crafting!

3 comments:

Thienly Azim said...

OMGosh! How cute is that! I love your take on these files - I would've never thought to make a shaker card with it!

Thanks for joining us at the Paper Dolls Challenge and hope that you do make a house - I love your stuff!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Wow Jani what an unusual project. Your cloud technique is superb and duckling is super cute.
Thank You for dropping by my blog earlier.
I love your blog too

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jun. 21, 2011. Thanks again.