Monday, June 27, 2011

One and only

Hello Blogger friends. I have been so busy playing with my cute "ants" and "beach" files that I almost forgot  about the City Crafter Blog Challenge this week.
Oh well, it was time to make something pretty anyway :)



The challenge is to use the number one.
(although I guess that was a little obvious...LOL)
I decided to make this "1" shaped card. The tag reads "and only" (for one and only).
It is hard to read in the picture.

I made the cut file and templates for the "1" card. It could be used for a 1st birthday, 1st step,etc.)

I cut the butterfly from a cut file I bought from Lettering Delights. Then ran it through my Xyron and added clear micro-marbles. (I know I use those a lot, but they make things look soo pretty)


I wanted to use the seam binding that I dyed in Stream Alcohol ink and rubbing alcohol, so I chose a neutral background. I added some trim I got from Joann's and a hat pin I dyed with Stream.


I finished it off with some patterned paper that I pleated and a line of pearl trim.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Here is the link to the svg cut files and pdf template for the

I have made lots of cool beach item shaped cards and finally finished the birdhouse files.
Will share those soon.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Jani, your card is absolutely beautiful! I looked around the rest of your blog too, and it's really nice! Thank you for your nice comments on my blog, and I am now a follower of yours too... :)
Amy

redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

Linda Breedlove said...

Wow Jani.... this is beautiful. I like your idea of the number one for the card shape. Love the seam binding and the pearls... I'm crazy about pearls and bling. Great card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is awesome, love the shaped card and soft colors of this creation, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

Well this just makes me smile.. it is perfect for our challenge.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [28 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Ros said...

Beautiful ... what a great card and just perfect for the challenge! ... the butterfly is beautiful ... thanks so much for joining us at CCCB

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous! Love how you used the alcohol ink to dye your seam binding and the butterfly is stunning! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Alicia B said...

What a gorgeous card and so artistic in the use! *Hugs*