Saturday, June 4, 2011

House shaped card

Well, I have just been crafting away and have not blogged in a while. I will have to play catch up. This project started out as a simple shaped card (my next post will show you what it urned into :)

Here is  house shaped card.

Isn't it cute! It starts out as two house shaped pieces and 2 liner pieces. (I always line the insides of my cards to make them sturdier and give them a more finished look.)

Next I scored the back card piece and attached the front piece.
(I scored it at 5 inches)

The top (front) of the card lifts up and the back part bends at the fold. This way the front does not have a crease across it.

Next I attach the chimney top piece. This gives a little demention.



Then comes the roof and door.

The door comes with a large sectioned panel that fits on top. Then a small rectangular panel goes in the middle. I used a brad for the doorknob. 
I made two little flower boxes to the sides of the door. There is a grass insert to go into the box. The cut file will have the option of grass or a little shrub.)

For the flowers I embossed the bottom layer and cupped the top layer. To emboss the bottom layer I just put it on a mouse pad type foam and rub over it with slight pressure with my stylus. To cup the top layer just place it on the foam and press straight down with the end of the stylus. Stack the layers, add a center. Attach to green grassy pieces.


And for a special little bonus, I added a paper doll to the inside.



How cute is that! It is attached with repositional tape so some little girl can take it out and play :)

The paper doll is made from Jessica's file over at SVG Place. She is giving the file away right now as part of the Paper Dolls Blog Challenge. There is a whole set that are simply adorable.
( I feel a new addiction coming on...well not actually new, just renewed)

Check out the Paper Dolls Bog and SVG Place and look for my next post where I will show you what I added to the house :)


 
You can get Jessica's paper doll files here.

3 comments:

Gail said...

How cute is that? Great for a new home owner or neighbor or a welcome home or... Thanks for the file! Can't wait for someone to buy a home now! LOL

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [05 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Unknown said...

your House shaped card is beautiful. Im looking for something like that as a birthday invitation. could you do it? if yes how much? my email is paolaaquino766@gmail.com thank you