Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Paper Crafting Wolrd Digi Challenge #8

If you have followed my blog for a while you have heard me say that I am not a very good stamper. I enjoy it but I just can't seem to get images to be clean and crisp or to color them and have them look the way I want them to. I can manipulat and cut paper all day, but ask me to stamp and I struggle with it. I believe in trying new things until I get it right or find a technique that works for me.

I may have found it!
Distress inks.



I have been watching videos at Lily Pad Cards where she uses Distress inks to blend the background then stamps over it or uses a resist technique then inks over it.
Since the challenge this week at Paper Crafting World is to use Red, Orange, and Yellow",
I thought this was the perfect time to try this technique.

I really like it. I know it is not perfect. (I tried to hide most of the mistakes, but believe me, they are there. This is the closest I have come to getting a look that I like when using stamps.

I used:
 Tim Holtz Distress Inks; Barn Red, Rusty Hinge, & Wild Honey
Colorbox black pigment ink
Inkadinkadoo script stamp
Hot Off The Press labels stamps & borders stamps

The roses are one of Melin's digital stamps called "Roses In Vase".
You can purchase it here.
Obviously, I cut out the vase. I also printed it twice because I needed to hide the area that I messed up on with the script stamp :)

Head over to Paper Crafting World and join in the fun of the digi stamp challenge this week.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love all the colors and how you made your background paper! Thank you so much for taking the time to watch my videos and leave us such a sweet comment!

Unknown said...

I think you did a fantastic job here, Jani! I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the Lily Pad Cards blog and that you've mentioned us here. And thank you for the lovely email. You rock, sister-girl!