Here is a picture tutorial on how to make this pretty paper flower.
2 flower shapes and 2 center star shapes.
Here are the cut file files for digital cutting machines:
Here is a pdf file you can use to print out and cut the shapes by hand.
If you need another format just email me at email@example.com and I will see what I can do.
You will also need:
A syylus, paper piercing tool, rubbber mat (or mouse pad), glue, and chalk or ink.
1) Color petals with ink, chalk, mist, or mica powder (Perfect pearls). You may need to mist the petals with water or hairspray to set the Perfect pearls or chalks.
2) Place a petal shape on the mat. Use stylus to make large circular motions on the petals with medium pressure. This breaks down the fibers in the paper and allows you to mold the petals.
Next make smaller circular motions with firmer pressure. Do this to all the petals on both flower shapes.
3) Now use the back of the stylus or a piercing tool to press against the backside of each petal while holding your thumb against the front. (Similar to pressing curling ribbon between scissors and your thumb)
With a light pressure "curl" each petal outward.
4) Place flower shape on mat and press piercing tool against the center of each petal as shown.
5) Use the bottom of piercing tool or pen/ pencil to press the center of the flower down, cupping the flower shape.
6) Use piercing tool to "round" each petal. I hold one side of the petal with one hand and with the other hand I place the needle tool on the front of the petal and press my forefinger against the back of the petal. Starting from the center and working toward the edge, I use gentle pressure to "curl" the edge upward. Then I switch hands and shape the other side of the petal.
It will look like this when you are done.
8) Pinch the inside of each petal at the base. (where the petal comes off the center area)
9) Curl the ends (tips) of the petal. I place the piercing tool at the back tip of the petal from the center to the right side. Then I use my finger to roll the edge of the flower over the neddle tool and downward. Then I do the left side.
The petals look like this when I am done.
10) Stack one flower shape on the other, staggering the petals between the petals on the flower below it. Glue
11) Press the center pieces (black stars) into the mat by pushing the stylus into the middle of the piece.
12) Stack the center pieces and glue.
13) Glue stacked center pieces to the middle of the flower and your done :)