Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bird on branch

I have been working on more masculine projects the past few weeks and I missed my paper flowers. So I made this card just because it was on my mind.





This is the same bird I used on the atc and gave out the cut files for.
I did not make the bird cut files from stratch, I copied them, but the branch, flowers, and scalloped tag are mine. I have made these flowers a lot. I use what I call my tattered flowers file to cut 2 large flowers and 2 smaller flowers. Then I ink them, curl the petals down for the large flowers and up for the smaller flowers. I stack them while rotating the petals to stagger them. Last, I add seed beads to the center.

I stamped the bird with a Stampin Up stamp from the Barouque Motifs set and embossed it with pearl embossing powder.

If you have been following my blog for a while, you probably already have the flowers and the bird.

I should mention that I put my initials, JL, at the end of most of my files. That helps me to remember that I made the file and am free to use it as I choose. It will also help you to identify who made the file or where you got it from. Sometimes I forget to add my intials, but most of the time they are there.

Please remember to credit the person who made the file when you use it to make something for an online post or challenge.  

5 comments:

Kim said...

What a Pretty card! I just love your flowers too:)
~Kim

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [23 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

thank you jani for sharing your wonderful work and ideas with us sally

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [24 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Jun. 24, 2011. Thanks again.