Tuesday, October 26, 2010

pumpkin booklet

Here is a little pumpkin booklet that I made for pictures.

I embossed the pieces on the cover with Cuttlebug- Victoria and inked the edges.
Here is the svg file and the scut file.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stamped Cards

I am not very good at stamping. I have trouble getting a clear, clean image. I would rather manipulate paper for my cards and other crafts. I have played around with my stamps lately to see if I could get any better results. I am still not sure if I have gotten any better at stamping. The practice did make me think of my projects a little differently though so it was worth while. Tell me what you think.
This one was stamped with clear Staz On ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. The large snowflake was cut the the Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge, inked, and embossed.  

 This one was just stamped with silver ink.
This one was stamped and covered with holographic embossing powder.

The finished products look ok, but what you can't see is that the embellishments are covering up the blank spaces where I did not get even coverage from the stamp. (I am not sure if I did not get ink in that area or if I am just not applying even pressure.)

With the next card, I used a stamp that I made using the Cricut stamp kit. It is ok, but the ink kind of smears when stamped with the rubber in the kit.
The flower is made from four different sizes of daisy shaped flowers.
I still think I would have saved a lot of time if I had just used patterned paper on this one. :)

Friday, October 8, 2010

purple flower card

I am not sure if a flower exists like this in nature, but it matched my card and I thought it was pretty.
I used K & Co patterned paper along with purple, black, and cream cardstock. The embossed portion is from Cuttlebug Victoria. The flower was made from my cut files, sculpted, glued, and shimmer sprayed.

Flower SVG

Flower SCAL

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Red card with lace doily circle, CSC08

I decided to enter one more card in this week's CASE Study Challenge. This card has red and cream colored cardstock along with Anna Griffin patterened paper. I cut the eyelet lace strip and the paper doily with SCAL and accordian-folded the red circle. The sentiment is from a Heidi Grace Designs stamp set.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Spirelli design cards CSC08

This is a twist on the inspiration card for the Case Study challenge (see link below). I used scalloped circles cut out of cardstock and wrapped in 3 strands of embroidery floss. I love the designs that are made. The more space you skip when you start wrapping, the smaller the circle in the middle will be.

You can use any shape for the Spirelli designs, but I like circles and ovals the best. It does not have to be a scalloped shape either. I have used circles with spokes on them from the Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge as well as the shape from the I-top Brad Maker punch. The more spokes or scallops there are the tighter the design.

Blue butterfly card CSC08

I decided to enter the Case Study challenge again. For the flourish, I used a Stampin' Up stamp from the Baroque Motifs set in brown ink. The butterflies are stamped in black ink on turquoise paper with Anna Griffin stamps and covered with adhesive and clear micro beads. The paper lace is from an svg cut file.
Here is another version.

Saturday, October 2, 2010


This is a challenge entry for Case Study Challenge #8.
 I used green cardstock for the base of the card, Anna Griffin Patterned paper, Bazzil pink cardstock embossed with Cuttlebug "Birds and Swirls" embossing folder. The cream cardstock piece was cut from one of Penny Duncan's nested cut files. The flower stamp is from an old Stampin' Up set called "Wild Rose".

Blue Bird Card

I have been making several cards for a project I am working on. This is one of the cards.
I got the card cut file from Wanda's Crafts. The sentiment is a stamped from a Heidi Grace Designs stamp set. The bird was cut from the same cut file as my previos post and stamped with a flourish stamp from Stampin' Up Baroque Motifs.