Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Yellow Roses on Birdcage

Well, I was going to wait until my sister got this card before I posted it, but changed my mind. 
I made a new birdcage file that I am excited about and since the other yellow roses turned out so well a few weeks ago, I went with yellow again.
(Scattered Straw with Wild Honey on the edges. The leaves are Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint with a tiny bit of Evergreen Bough)



The last few roses are the smallest I had made in a long time. I did not want to have the roses so big that they looked too big for the cage.

I am so happy with the effect I got with the birdcage. 
It does not show up as well in the photo, but it looks a little like metal in person.
I used white cardstock to cut out with one of my cut files. (I have a lot planned with this file so you will definitely be seeing it again soon.)
I stained it with Black Soot distress stain because it gives a mottled look when it dries. Then I applied some German Silver gilder's paste in a few areas.

Of course I added some bling because everybody like a little bling. :)
Check out the tiny stone in the glittered bird's eye. Too cute!



.

10 comments:

SugarGem said...

Beautiful Jani. She will love it.

craftysals creative corner said...

this is so lovely

gela said...

Wow! Love the birdcage metal affect.

Myrna said...

Jani
This is such a pretty card. Your roses are really neat and I love what you did with the bird cage.
Myrna

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! The flowers are so beautiful and the birdcage is stunning!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Rhonda Emery said...

this is so beautiful.

Misty said...

Beautiful roses and birdcage! Love the color! Great job!

Christina Lytle said...

Jani, This is absolutely gorgeous....

Gail said...

LOVE the birdcage. Always in awe of your flowers. :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, your flowers are so elegant, simply stunning!! The bird cage is fabulous too. I really should buy a couple of your cut files to try them out. I'm just so bad about getting my Gazelle out an actually using it. I wish I could use it on my macbook. Such a hassle to have to log out of Mac and rebook into Windows to use it. Sigh. Your work here is truly gorgeous!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/