Well, I was going to wait until my sister got this card before I posted it, but changed my mind.
I made a new birdcage file that I am excited about and since the other yellow roses turned out so well a few weeks ago, I went with yellow again.
(Scattered Straw with Wild Honey on the edges. The leaves are Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint with a tiny bit of Evergreen Bough)
The last few roses are the smallest I had made in a long time. I did not want to have the roses so big that they looked too big for the cage.
I am so happy with the effect I got with the birdcage.
It does not show up as well in the photo, but it looks a little like metal in person.
I used white cardstock to cut out with one of my cut files. (I have a lot planned with this file so you will definitely be seeing it again soon.)
I stained it with Black Soot distress stain because it gives a mottled look when it dries. Then I applied some German Silver gilder's paste in a few areas.
Of course I added some bling because everybody like a little bling. :)
Check out the tiny stone in the glittered bird's eye. Too cute!