Saturday, October 6, 2012

Blue Christmas

I love the traditional Christmas colors but since blue is my favorite color, I prefer a blue Christmas. I played around with several blue shades of Distress ink and came up with this snowflake card.

As you can see I added a LOT of Ice Stickles! LOL. I just could not help myself. :)
The background is embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder and then I rubbed over the raised area with some cool new Gilder's Paste that I have been playing with. The silver outline, snowflakes, and sentiment are all covered with it too.  (I forgot to mention that the holly leaves from my previous post were covered with this Gilder's Paste.) It is like Rub'n Buff but it is creamier and is not toxic. You will be seeing more of the Gilder's Paste because it is so fun to play with. :) I got this German Silver paste and some Antique Gold. 

I ordered the paste online from Scrapadabadoo and just have to say that Carol and Barrie are so wonderful! They get your order out very quickly and send a handmade thank you card in your package. I have already ordered more goodies from them. They have so many cool things.



6 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

really beautiful.

Gail said...

I love those color blended together. And what a perfect card to showcase with snow already falling in the States! LOL

Lisa said...

The colors are so beautiful together!! I love the embossed and the raised snowflakes!! So peaceful and pretty :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Happy Card Making Day my crafty friend!
I make one today too, and yours is totally awesome!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card!! Love the colors, design, and texture!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Davi said...

Stunning Jani!! I love the color combo and how soft and the look is! The dimension layers wow amazing ;)