Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Glittered Pumpkin

I have seen so many decorated pumpkins on Pinterest. I decided to try one for myself.


I figured this was Fallish enough to keep around for a while as a decoration.

This is how I did it.


I used a foam pumpkin, a mask (from Tattered Angels), paint, paint brush, and glitter.

First I taped the mask to the pumpkin and traced around it. Pencil lines did not show up so I used a pen.
FYI- The pumpkin in the first picture was white with orange glitter but I have an orange pumpkin in this  photo. I had plans to cover the orange pumpkin in white glitter but I just ran out of the white glitter so no pictures of it. LOL

Next, I used a paint brush to apply the paint on the pumpkin and sprinkled glitter over the paint. I used paint instead of glue to cover up the pen lines and fill in the gaps of areas that did not get much glitter. 
I worked in small areas at a time so the paint did not dry before I added the glitter.

When the paint was dry, I covered the whole pumpkin in a clear acrylic spray to keep the glitter from coming off.

I love all the shimmery goodness. Would love to hear your comments on whether or not you think it is still cute to have around after Halloween.
Take care!

7 comments:

craftysals creative corner said...

We don't do halloween as much in england but its becoming more and more popular, I love your pumpkin idea jani and would like to try it next year

Sally said...

lovely lovely pumpkin :)
Have to agree with your commenter from England (another Sally by the looks of things) as we too don't do pumpkins....don't do Halloween either, guess it's juss not that popular in this quite part of the UK (Devon)

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Jani!! It looks amazing!! What a fabulous project!! Happy Halloween :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing! Awsome!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a beauty!!!!!

Gail said...

Wow! I love it!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, fabulous project!! Love the results!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/