Friday, October 19, 2012

Craft Room with a View

Hello crafting buddies! I have a LO to share with you today. I have to admit that I have been making just cards for so long that I am rusty at layouts.

I have been watching Kathryn Krieger from Life on the Scrap Beach on Ustream (Kathryn Scraps) and YouTube (Kathryn Krieger). She is very talented and I have been learning some cool techniques. I really enjoy the Ustream broadcasts because it is live and you can chat with other crafters. It lets me feel like I can still participate in an activity even though I am homebound. Be sure and check out her blog and channels. You won't be disappointed.

Kathryn recently did a great video on YouTube on how to make a sunburst layout. You can check it out here. She challenged us to make a project based on her design. Well, it took me all week since I am rusty and things just kept interrupting me, but here is my shot at it.



I know, I added sooo much stuff that it is hard to see the sunburst design. LOL It is there though, I promise. :)

The pattern paper came from a 6 by 6 pack of Pink Paislee paper called She Art.


In her video, Kathryn uses circle embellishments to break up all the liner patterns going on. I used flowers instead because, well, handmade flowers are what I do. :) I also rounded the corners of the photos and added a doily with one round photo.


You can see the I-Top brad covered with paper and some paper strips I cut into banners.

I have mentioned before that my new craft room has great windows along the back wall. My sweet hubby bought me some feeders and plants to attract birds and squirrels. It is so fun to watch them. I get to see several different animals but this fox squirrel and this male cardinal are the most frequent visitors. The female cardinal is never far away but she is harder to photograph because she blends in so well.

I wanted to use some glittered Thickers for the title but I did not have all the letters I needed. I opted to cut the words out using my cutter and glittering them with Stickels.




I had so much going on in this page that my journaling was distracting. I decided to tuck it under one of the photos on a little tag.




Well, my squirrel buddy is back so I will end this post and watch him. :)
THANKS for sticking with me for this long post and please go check out Kathryn's blog and channels.

Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

such a pretty layout withsome wonderful pictures. hugs

Dr Sonia S V said...

So much beauty on your layout Jani

Kathryn said...

Fabulous layout! I love how you have included not just the view, but the different visitors to the scene. It's a great idea and a wonderful take on the challenge. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Myrna said...

Jani
Such a great LO. How do you get any crafting done with that great view??
Myrna
oh yes, the Cat and the Hat never had a poem like that I bet. LOL

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Jani!! I saw the sunburst right away!! I love the beautiful design and the embellishments you used!! What an amazing view!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

mitz said...

...luvin' the rounded corners.. this is a fab lay-out... and the colors.. luvin' them too....

Karen H said...

This is exquisite... as is your view! I dream of having a room with such a beautiful view.. talk about endless inspiration. :o) This creation is gorgeous in so many facets. :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

Hi,I'm new to your blog. I also take Kathryn's classes. I saw your project on her blog, it's real pretty. I love the layout you did on the room with a view and love the bird pics. Hugs!

Dawn Edwards said...

Fabulous layout! I wish I had a craft view like that your very lucky! Beautiful job with your accents and I like the idea of hidden journaling.

gela said...

It is absolutely Gorgeous

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So lovely with all the beautiful photos!

shari said...

What a pretty layout! It must be wonderful having that view to look at while scrapping. Shari (cricutrookie)

Gail said...

What a beautiful window! How lucky to have all those friends :)

Davi said...

Jani your LO is fabulous!! I love all the details and embellies :) Your room sounds divine being able to create and watch the critters is a blessing. Have a wonderful week :)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a gorgeous page!! Love the sunburst design!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/