Thursday, October 4, 2012

Christmas card- Red Ornament

Hello all. I have been working on some Christmas cards. Here is a car that I did in red and gold.


I have had the patterned paper forever so I doubt it is still available. The ribbon is from an old Christmas project too. 

I made the cut file for the ornament. You can download the cut files and PDF templates here.


I was a little stumped on what to do to decorate the ornaments at first. I started looking at the blog's I follow and came across a beautiful card made by Margaret at Heavenly Mam. My card does not look anything like hers but I thought I would give a shout out since she did inspire me. :)

I used gold glitter embossing powder, a sentiment stamp, and a beautiful flourish stamp from Tim Holtz's Stampers Anonymous Christmas set: Reindeer in Flight. I also used some gold chalk ink to leave a faint decoration behind the "Merry Christmas".

You can download the holly cut files and templates here. 

10 comments:

Trisha said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for sharing the files with us, too!

Aim said...

Oh, Jani... You remind me that Christmas will be here before we know it!! Eeeeek!! This is such a beautiful card and sure to be a real treasure for the recipient -- Absolutely gorgeous!! :)

BIG HUGS,
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

jperr said...

Lovely card ,thanks for the cut file.
Jocelan

Misty Morgan said...

Your card is so pretty, Jani. I love your Gold Glitter embossing. I just got the Purple cow foil embossing machine and want to start experimenting with it. You stamp your sentiment or image and put white power, then use your heat gun to set it. Then, you lay your colored foil and put it through the laminator. It should be fun! Thanks for sharing your cut files. Happy crafting!

Misty

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful holiday card!!!!

craftysals creative corner said...

really pretty card jani, love red and gold together

Davi said...

Beautiful card Carol!! I love the embossing..so elegant ;)

Karen H said...

Jani, this is stunning. I've just looked at your past few projects and they are all stunning, too. Your work brings such joy to my heart. :o) This Christmas card is gorgeous, from the exquisite colors to the beautiful cuts. This beautiful card will be such a blessing. :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Lisa said...

What an elegant, beautiful card!! I love the gold embossing on red!! It looks amazing!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

So beautiful, love the embossing texture!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/