I shared my "open rose" creation with you a week or so ago. I just love this flower. I wanted to show you the card I made just to use my new flower.
I have shared all these files before, but I will have them again at the end of this post.
I uses DCWV paper for the panel. Everything else (except) the butterfly started out as white cardstock. I inked the papers with TH Distress Ink : Victorian Velvet, Antique Linen, Forest Moss, and Bundled Sage.
What did we ever do without Distress Inks??? :)
For the rose, I emboss, shape, and glue the first 3 petal shapes like Penny does in her rose video.
Then I emboss, shape, and glue the next three petals by putting glue on the left inner edge of each petal and gluing it to the edge of the petal to the right of it. Last I stack and glue all the layers together.
(one of these days I plan to get a video camera that works so I can make videos)
Now for the butterfly.
I used the lid to a clear plastic take out container. I stamped the butterfly on one side with black Stazon ink. I colored the other side of the plastic with a blue Sharpie marker and cut the image out. Then I heated the plastic with my heat tool while working on top of my non-stick craft sheet. It started to curl up and I used my tweezers to make curl the way I wanted it to. The plastic did not shrink as much as regular shrink plastic. If you wanted an image to lay flat you could press it down with an acrylic block immediately after you removed the heat.
I glued the butterfly onto my card with hot glue.
These files are avaiable here until June 9, 2011.
Pssst....I am working on two new flowers and should be done soon :)