Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Another Mother's Day Card

OK, I know this one looks very similar to the card I posted yesterday, but I decided to show it anyway. We have 3 moms to celebrate next Sunday. So I needed to make more cards.  I used a lot of the same elements in this card but I changed them up some. The frame, bird, cage, and flourishes are one of Melin's files. (You can purchase it here) The flowers, leaves, and caption are mine.

For these flowers I ink the tattered flowers in TH Distress Ink Victorian velvet on the edges and Wild Honey in the center. I used silver seed beads in the center also.
(Hope you are not tired of seeing these flowers...I just love them)

In case you don not already have the tattered flower and leaves cut file, you can download it here.
SVG    SCAL

The mom caption can be found on the post below.

I am entering this car in :
My Craft Spot Challenge; Mother's Day
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Mother's Day

13 comments:

Joy said...

Oh this is soo pretty!! Love the soft colors and the flowers are beautiful !! Thanks for playing along this week at My Craft Spot !!
xoxo Joy

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Mother's Day post on May. 03, 2011. Thanks again.

jennyplace2 said...

Your card is just so stunning, I love all the details and extra work you put into it to make it a beautiful piece of art. Your Mom will cherish it for life! Thanks for joing in the fun at My Craft Spot and for sharing the files.

Davi said...

Jani your card is beautiful. I love the birdcage and your lovely flowers! I never tire of flowers:)

Grandma Bugs Place said...

The cards are just lovely! Thanks for visiting my blog and be coming a follower...I am now one of yours as well. Look forward to visiting often.
Hugs, Marcie

The Bookin Room said...

Wow! So beautiful!! TFS

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Gorgeous papers and those flowers are stunning. It is a very nice Mother's Day card! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Craft Spot!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the pretty flowers and beautiful papers you used! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Kate said...

This is so pretty! The flowers are gorgeous and I love the soft colours that you've used. Wonderful card!
Thanks so much for playing along with this week's challenge at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

rockpapercricut said...

OK, this card is beautiful! I LOVE the flowers. The colors are just gorgeous together. Great job.:)

TFS
~Ally

Diane Davies said...

I just love this card! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. : )

Diane Davies said...

Hi Jani! Wanted you to know that we choose you as one of our Top 3 Sisters for our Mother's Day Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters. Stop by and get your Top 3 Sisters badge to display on your blog. CONGRATS!!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [12 May 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria