Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dancing in the rain

Life is not about running from the storms. It is about trusting in God and learning to dance in the rain.

I have had plenty of storms in my life. Most of my life I kept trying to run from all the storms in life. So many times I wondered why God did not keep the storms from me or give me a bigger umbrella. In the last few years I finally learned that I should be trusting in God to lead me through the storms. I know that He is using the hard times in life to mold me, shape me, and form character.  Now that I understand this I'm learning to view the storms differently. I know God has the power to calm the weather but sometimes He just wants me to hold His hand lead me through it.

This is a card I'm entering for the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge # 78. The scripture reference is:
Psalm 9:10 "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."

I had a cyst in my hand so I had to keep it simple this week. This is a cut file I got several months ago. Couldn't resist this cute little ducky.

For the challenge I had to include three buttons or something that "secures".
If you look closely I used paper lacquer on the splashing water.
Hope you enjoy.




4 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Jani - this is adorable - that little duck looks like he is having such fun - I love your gloss on the water and the buttons! Adorable! Thank you for playing along with us at the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge, we love to see you and appreciate your suppport! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Becky said...

Jani, this is adorable! I just love how you did these buttons. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

Helen said...

What a sweet card! That duck is adorable! Your use of the buttons is a really cool idea! Congrats on your shining star award!

Rushd Lady said...

Love the ducky! Looks like he's having fun in all that water! :)