I thought I would show you how to make this poppy.
You will need: flower cut outs, glue, stylus, paper piercing tool (needle tool), rubber mat (or mouse pad), and glue. You might also want to add a brad or a jewel to the center of the flower.
In most of the pictures I looked at the poppies only had 4 petals. You can use as many as you like.
I joined the petals into sets to make spacing easier. The circle is for holding everything together.
( These black shapes are for the center of the flower. You can choose to stack them and use all of them, or just use a few. I will show pictures of various pieces in the center.)
1) Place the petals on the rubber mat. Shape the petals with the large end of the stylus. Use circular motions and light to medium pressure.
2) Use the paper piercer to "curl" the petals similar to using scissors to curl ribbon. Place the tool behind the petal and place your thumb on the front of the petal. With a light pressure "curl" from the bottom of the petal to the top. Repeat about 3 times.
3) Use the paper piercer to "roll" the ends of the petals. Put the tool behind the petal and your thumb or forefinger on the front edge of the petal. Use medium pressure to press the edge of the petal over the curve of the tool. Roll all the top edges. (left, center, and right sections of the top of petal)
4) Fold the bottom, base, part of each petal. Grab the bottom of each petal between your thumb and forefinger and sqeeze or pinch together.
5) Put the circle on the mat and press down with the stylus in the middle of the circle. Then put glue on it.
6) Stack each set of petals on top of each other. ( I like to make sure the left side of each petal is on top of the petal to the right of it.... feel free to do whatever works for you :)
7) Use the stylus to press down in the center. You shpuld have a few minutes to play around with the petals before the glue dries.
8) Press down in the middle of the black center pieces of the flower. Then glue and stack them together from largest to smallest. Glue to middle of flower. Add beads, brads, or stones if you like.