Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Another Ribbon Flower Card


I posted a very similar card a few  months ago. I did not have the same supplies today, so I changed the design a little bit. I made a shutter card/step card using purple cardstock, purple pearlized paper and an oldie but goodie Anna Griffin patterned paper. I added a 3 inch corner flourish from Cricut Home Accent cartridge, then used ribbons and pearls to make the embellishments.
(I hope to do a video soon on how to make the ribbon flowers) I did not have any pre-made pearl accents so I made my own by sewing and gluing them to the card. (more on that later this week)

It is hard to tell from the pictures, but that is a glass bead in the center of the large flower.
The large flower was made with a variegated wire edged ribbon. The smaller ribbon started out blue. I misted it with purple Glimmer Mist to dye it the color I wanted it.


Here is a handy tip: Mist ribbons and embellishments in an old magazine. The glossy paper keeps you from wasting as much mist as you would on regular paper or a cardboard box. When you are done, you can just rip out the wet pages and throw them away. Easy Peasy.


5 comments:

Monica said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words! Your blog is beautiful, became a follower! http://monicalott.blogspot.com/

Patti P. said...

Jani, so glad you found my blog through SSIC and thanks for following...I am following yours now. I absolutely love this card. I am a big fan of the shutter card and your pearls and flowers are so beautiful. Will love to watch a video on these. Thanks for the tip on the magazine!

Anca said...

Jani, thanks for following me. I am your follower now. I see you too love beads. I love purple!

3s said...

Jani, thank you ever so much for you sweet sweet words! I've been checking your blog a bit now, and I have to tell you you're making the prettiest flowers, I'm amazed! Such details, wow.

The card boutique said...

this is beyond beautiful, I love it!!!!