Friday, February 18, 2011

What a challenge

Well, the ladies over at Stampin' Sisters In Christ have given another awesome challenge this week. They really make you think. The scripture comes from Hebrews 13:5

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as you have: for he has said, I will never leave you, or forsake you."

This scripture really made me reexamine where my priorities are when I craft and surf blogs. Despite the fact that I have boxes and closets FILLED with craft supplies, I still look with envy at all the new crafting supplies on the market and want them ALL. I have a compulsion to want to get one of everything and get it in each color available. Truth be told, if I did not get a single new craft item for the rest of the year, I could still made a project each day and not run out of materials. Not that there is anything wrong with getting new stuff, I just need to find a balance and be content with using the things I have.

I am also guilty of looking at other people's craft blogs and feeling that my projects pale in comparision. Granted, there are a lot of very talented people out there and their creations are awesome. I just need to stop camparing my things and myself to others. I should be content to be able to use the talents God has given me and make something creative for the joy that it brings me.

The challenge was to make a "simple" card with only one layer. As crafters we have gotten so used to adding more and more. Sometimes that is a good thing. Sometimes we need to take a step back and just breathe. To just let "simple" be alright. So here is my entry for the challenge. It is simple, imperfect, but loved...just like me!

Simply stamped, embossed, and inked.


I hope you have a wonderful time crafting just for the creativity and healing it can bring you, as well as the joy it gives the ones who receive your creations :)

I also hope you drop by Stampin Sisiters in Christ. Their challenges help you grow as a crafter and as a person.

3 comments:

Crafting Misfit said...

Very pretty!
Visit my page for a little blog bling I have for you... Stylish Blogger Award.
Rebecca :)
Www.craftingmisfit.blogspot.com

Christy said...

This is a great card! You are very talented and I love your creations. Otherwise I wouldn't be following you. :)

Christy
http://christybladehandmade.blogspot.com

Patti J said...

What a beautiful card! I love what you have done with the embossing and sponging - very nice! And your words are better than MY words! You knew what I was trying to say...lol!!! Thank you for taking part in our challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ!