Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Over thinking- LSG Sprays on Canvas

So for the 3rd month in a row, I have been over thinking my project for the LSG monthly color Challenge. Since I am just starting my collection, I have to order the products. While I wait for them to be sent, I think about all the things I can do for a project...
I OVER think it. Then I make something, and it is not what I pictured so I wait and make something else. Then I end up waiting until the last minute. Not sure what is wrong with me.

Well, I finally made a project yesterday that I really like.

My first ever canvas and I am kinda' lovin' it.

These where the colors for the April Color Challenge


Here are the LSG sprays that I used:



You can check it all out on the LSG blog.

Here is a close up where you can see the colors.


Since I did not really know what I was doing...I was not afraid to try play and new things.
I sprayed the canvas. Then added more, then ended up washing color out from adding more on top. LOL In the end, I liked the colors and patterns. 
You can see that I applied Golden Light Modeling Paste through a Prima Damask stencil over the sprayed canvas and it soaked up the colors that were underneath it. Then I added a little more with a paintbrush just to get it where I wanted.

 Here you can see where I added the same paste through a TCW Wildflowers stencil and then painted over it with a brush.

Check out these flowers...
 I used vellum. I die cut the flower shapes with a TH  and sprayed them with
I added little squirts of  Alpine Ice Rose on the pink flowers and Marigold Yellow Orange to the yellow flowers just to get a little color variation.
I made the centers darker by dabbing on more Ramblin’ Rose Pink then added glass beads and micro beads.

 For the leaves, I tore strips of vellum and sprayed them with Edelweiss Moss Green.
If you look closely, you can see where I sprayed white cloth wrapped wire with the green and made little tendrils.


So what am I taking from this?

 I am going to TRY really hard to stop over thinking things. What I picture in my head rarely ever comes out the same in real life. I am going to try to just play more and have fun with it. :)

Process videos will have to come later next week.

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Gorgeous !!!!
Myrna

Becky said...

wow & wow.. This is fabulous. I love the colors and love those flowers.

Cheryl First said...

That is so stunning, Jani! I am so glad you shared with us your process/ I think we all have the same over-thinking issue at times, I know I do for certain!
I have had a canvas project idea in my head for quite some time, and now that I see yours, it has given me a few more ideas for it! :) Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

cardchick's world said...

This is beautiful!!! I say stop thinking and just play...cause your doing a beautiful job playing...lol