Friday, January 4, 2013

Glittery Butterfly Mini Album


I made this simple mini album using long envelopes. Then I proceeded to make it complicated! LOL

I started out with green #10 envelopes that I had left over from 2 Christmases ago. I followed Laura Dennison's instructions in this video from 2010.

Then I covered it in some K & Co. specialty glitter paper from the Merryweather line.
Since more is always better when glitter is concerned...LOL... I added some Art Glitter that my DH put in my stocking. (you got to love a man that buys you lots of pretty glitter :) 

This is one of my butterfly cut files.

Here is one of my "pretty flowers" inked with Distress Stains and glittered on the edges.

I added some cardstock to cover the binding and stained seam binding around it.


I covered everything in patterned paper and added some embellishments from by butterfly and diamond edges cut files.



 Some pages had 1 pocket adorned in pearls...
...and other pages had 2 pockets with pink rhinestones. 

I covered some of the flaps with butterflies and others with my Diamomd Edged medallions with a Pretty Flower in the center.


Here is a look at all the tags. 





Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I am going to work on my own mini album cut files to use instead of envelopes.  I will post pictures of it soon. 

13 comments:

Myrna said...

Jani
Beautifully done. Love all the colors.
Myrna

Lolis said...

Wow! Love your album! Beautiful detail! I especially like the medallions !

Mihaela said...

Lovely album, Jani! Love the colors and buterfly is so pretty!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Jani what an absolute beauty it is!!! Such sweet colors and beautiful designs
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a gorgeous mini album with lovely pages, love the butterflies and sweet color scheme!!!!
Happy 2013!!!!!

Migdalia said...

What a Gorgeous Mini Album!Stunning!

Lisa said...

Wow, what a stunning album, Jani!! The design is gorgeous!! I love the colors and papers you used!! Absolutely fabulous!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my goodness, this is so gorgeous! I love the beautiful papers, the butterflies are amazing along with the flowers! FABULOUS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Rhonda Emery said...

beautiful mini album. hugs

Gail said...

Wow! Jani this is just beautiful!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, what a stunning book!! Love your amazing attention to details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love the sparkly stuff and the colors.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a gorgeous album. Thanks for sharing the details.

I do the same thing - start out with a simple idea and get carried away - lol.