Thursday, March 1, 2012

Peek-a-boo Card Tutorial

I have been showing the peek-a-boo card I made with the Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime paper. For this peek-a-boo card tutorial I will show a simpler card.


I used some thick double sided K&Co paper for the base and some thinner K&Co patterned paper for the butterflies. (Yes I keep using the same papers that I used for the butterflies last week. I just can't quit using them. LOL)





The glue holding the micro marbles onto the yellow butterfly had not dried yet. I was just too impatient to wait to take the picture. LOL 


The frame around the opening is white card stock that I inked with Tumbled Glass and a little bit of Antique Linen just to keep it from being too harsh of a contrast next to the patterned paper. Then I embossed it for a little texture.


Here is a video tutorial for making a "Peek-a-boo" card.





Here is a link to the cut files for the card base.  Peek-a-boo Card

9 comments:

CLM-cindylu2u said...

Great tutorial, love your cards!!

Audrey Frelx said...

This is wonderful!!! Love the butterflies!!! Really great card creating!

Trisha said...

What a wonderful idea, and great video! Thanks for the file to make my own!

Rosie said...

Beautiful card!TFS.

BlueCat said...

Amazing cards! Thanks for this great tuto.

jill said...

ty!

G-ma said...

Thank you for sharing the video...I especially like the butterfly one.

Rhonda Emery said...

tfs I love it.

judyw said...

I am so glad i came across your site. Your work is amazing and your tutorials so easy to follow. You are extremely kind to share your talents. I am now off to try the peek-a-boo card!