Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Turkey Rosette

I had so many ideas for Thanksgiving crafts that I was never able to get to. Here is a project I made at the last minute just because I had the idea and wanted to see how it would look.





I used different sized rosettes to make the tail feathers for this 3D turkey.
I used scalloped strips cut at 1 inch, 1 1/2 inches, and 2 inches. (My last 2 strips were not long enough. I should have cut 2 strips for each but I was tired :) -LOL I am just now noticing that the middle rosette is turned the wrong way and you can't see the scallops. - I told you I was tired LOL


I used some K & Co patterned paper because I loved the oranges and reds in it. Once you make all the folds, the pattern on the paper does not really matter. All you notice is the color. 


This little guy is only about 2 inches tall, but it would look great cut larger and used as a centerpiece.


I have not converted the svg's into any other files yet, but you are welcome to the svg cut files. I have not written any instructions, but I think you can figure it out :)


turkey rosette SVG 

Happy Turkey Day!

6 comments:

Jamie S said...

Thank you for the turkey rosette file. I think he is adorable!!! Jamie

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What an adorable project!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Jani what a fantastic project-- the 3 D effect is amazing-- all the little details!!
Jani can you tell me what software you use to make templates. Do you know any freeware to do it?
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

What a brilliant idea and yes....it also turned out fabulous!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my goodness...this is adorable Jani! I love this:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

ChattyAna said...

Super cute! and I think the "lack" of scallops actually accentuates the design :)
Thank you!!