Monday, October 4, 2010

Spirelli design cards CSC08

This is a twist on the inspiration card for the Case Study challenge (see link below). I used scalloped circles cut out of cardstock and wrapped in 3 strands of embroidery floss. I love the designs that are made. The more space you skip when you start wrapping, the smaller the circle in the middle will be.


You can use any shape for the Spirelli designs, but I like circles and ovals the best. It does not have to be a scalloped shape either. I have used circles with spokes on them from the Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge as well as the shape from the I-top Brad Maker punch. The more spokes or scallops there are the tighter the design.

7 comments:

Becky said...

This is fabulous, I love the design of it.

JustYolie said...

YOur card looks AMAZING!!! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my, this card is very pretty too! Thanks again for playing, we appreciate your support! :)

Aimes said...

What a totally cool idea! I love it!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Super creative! Love that you've been so inspired by our Muse at CASE Study! Thanks for all the wonderful entries and keep up the creativity!

Sue said...

what a great technique on this one, very eye catching!! Thanks for stamping up a storm with 3 cards this week! :)

Romaine said...

What a totally cool technique!