Friday, March 28, 2014

Chalk It Up For A Sketch Challenge

My favorite online scrapbook store, Scrapadabadoo, started  new FaceBook group called Scrapadabadoo Crafts. They are having a sketch challenge this week and I wanted to join in on the fun. This is my interpretation of the sketch.

The patterned papers are from My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio. I added some chalk, washi tape, and glittery dots from Recollection. The flower is a cross between my "pretty flower" and my "tattered flower". (I will have a flower video soon for this one. In the mean time you can always watch the pretty flower & tattered flower videos) 


I tried something new. I video taped while I made the card then edited the video and sped it up. I taught myself how to narrate over the video. I ended up with this 5 1/2 minute video  of making this card. It goes by pretty fast, but this is my first time to try this so I think it is alright.
enjoy

6 comments:

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Jani!! The flower is so pretty!! Absolutely beautiful!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cardchick's world said...

Fabulous Card!!! Jani luv your design...

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card! The color combo is one of my favorites! I love the chalking, washi tape and the gorgeous flower! Beautiful card:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Becky said...

wow, this is fabulous. gorgeous colors and design.

Davi said...

Gorgeous card Jani!! I love the zig zags and of course your ever fabulous flower :) Hope you have a super week my friend!!

Tracy said...

Your card is so pretty.
I love the pop of colour against the black, stunning.