Saturday, June 8, 2013

Kaisercraft 25 Drawer Set


I have always loved the drawer sets that have lots of tiny little boxes. I wanted this Kaisercraft 25 drawer set as soon as I saw it. I was thrilled when I got it. My mind started churning out all sorts of ideas on how to decorate it.

I bought the perfect papers, adhesives, and paints. The work began. 

Then the love started to wain....

Now, granted, I was feeling horrible and could only work on it for a few minutes at at time. It just seemed to take forever to paint and cover with all my pretty papers.

To be fair, I should explain that right after I started working on the box I decided to stop taking all my pain medications, detox, and be off meds for 6 weeks. THAT WAS NOT FUN! Why on Earth would I decide to do that? I needed to give my system a break from the meds prior to getting a pain pump implanted. (Only 9 more days to go!)

Still do not know what made me think this project would be a good idea to start while I was feeling so bad. Guess I hoped it would take my mind off of the ordeal. I often bite off more than could ever possibly be chewed.

So, after more than a month and quite a few tears (not the project's fault) I finally got the shelves and boxes all covered. I will probably go back later and add some embellishments and labels for the boxes. For now though, I am calling it done and taking a break. :)

5 comments:

jperr said...

Jani your project is beautiful.My prayers are with you that you will have the strength and patiance to get through these last 9 days.you have a great blog and I love getting your email updates.
Blessing's Jocelan

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It is such a lovely project and so beautifully done!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Jani so know what you mean about biting off more than you can chew often do that I do!!
However the result is amazing!! love it and so will you when you have had big enough break fro it..

.. take care and pray the six weeks is up of no meds, and the pain side will be alleviated asap..
.. may the LORD hold your hand, e your Strength, and keep you in it all, love Shaz in Oz.x

Chris E said...

"Yea", tomorrow's "The Big Day", (pump day)... hope I counted right? I've been keeping you in my prayers & feel so bad that you had to go thru what you did, tho it's finally coming to an end. :) Once the pump is up, running & adjusted you can sit back, take a deep breath & just "get on with it". You can even finish your beautiful drawer set and fall in love all over again, hahaha! Unless someone has gone thru what you just have, as I did, they can't even begin to imagine the strength, mental anguish & pain it took to get you to "P-Day"... I know it took a lot + of it! You'll look back and wonder how you made it through the 6 wks, that felt more like 6 yrs. Amazingly YOU will laugh at some of the things you said and did during that time even when no one else does, LOL! Good thoughts and prayers coming your way for tomorrow...

Davi said...

Wow Jani I think you did a fabulous job on it! Can't imagine doing it when in such pain. I pray that the pain pump will bring you good relief!!