Friday, June 15, 2012

Tools for Operation Write Home & MTC

Make the Cut is offering an Operation Write Home challenge this week. You can check it out on their forum site or on the MTC FaceBook page.


As you may know, OWH is always in need of cards to send to soldiers who are stationed overseas to use when they write home to their family and friends. So MTC is sponsoring a challenge to make cards to send to our armed forces.


 You can make any type of card. Please keep in mind that OWH prefers that certain guidelines are followed. They prefer A2 sized cards. (4 1/4 by 5 1/2) and NO GLlTTER. 


You can check out more information about OWH guidelines at their site or on this video


I am offering  offered these tool cut files and pegboard card files to go along with this challenge. You can use any or all of them to make a masculine card for OWH.


These files are no longer free. I have  fiiles for both sets of cards below in my Etsy Store.
The cut files include everything to make this card:




Of course, you don't have to make this card. You can use the files however you choose.

Here is another card I made using the tools and pegboard.

It is a stair step card. 



I have folding instructions and cut files for the decorative panels.


I will also add these instructions on the "Step Card" tab under my blog header for future reference.

By the way,
I will be making videos on the step cards and the pocket watch cards as soon as my body feels like cooperating. LOL

I will also add a bike to the decorative covers for the pocket watch as requested. :)

5 comments:

Davi said...

Fab job on the man card Jani!! I love them both. :)

Lisa R. said...

What a creative masculine card! I love them! Guess you don't have the files in svg format? Thanks for sharing!
joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the files and for spreading the word about OWH, I have been making cards for them for several years. Maybe you will inspire some others to start.
Jan

marilyn said...

thanks for sharing your fantastic files.

Lisa said...

These are so fabulous, Jani...perfect Father's Day cards!! My Dad would LOVE them :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts