I made this for a "pink" winter card challenge but ended up not finishing in time. LOL
I stamped the snowflake background on white cardstock and used clear embossing powder. Then I use 3 different shades of blue Distress inks for the background. I glittered the edges of the mat behind the background as well as one of the snowflakes. (I used some of my snowflake cut files for those shapes) I dyed the seam binding ribbon by spritzing it with water and using Distress Stain in Victorian Velvet. The water helps the ribbon absorb the stain evenly.
Now for the part I had the most fun with... I used my much neglected I-Top brad maker to make the brad. First I cut a piece of lightweight cotton fabric then dyed it using water and Tumbled Glass Distress Stain. (I love the stains!)
Then I let it dry and used my brad maker to cover the brad blank with the fabric. I intended to sew some fake pearls on bit that did not work too well. I opted to using self adhesive pearls. (much easier :) Since the brad is slightly curved, I went ahead and put a little glue behind the pearls to make sure they would stay on.
Now I plan to go dig out more goodies that I bought but rarely used. LOL
If you would like more info on the brad maker, just leave a comment and I will post more about it.