Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cuttin' Up With Class Challenge #1

I am so excited! Today is the very first challenge for my new svg cut file challenge blog.
 This week's challenge is to use my simple pumpkin file in some way. Well you have seen the pumpkin step card I made and put up on my blog header. I made 2 more pumpkin projects for this challenge.

First up is a pumpkin mini album.




This is pretty simple. (especially if you received the apple mini album from CUWC)
I cut the pumpkins out of orange cardstock and put Rusty Hinge distress ink on my Cuttlebug Victorian embossing folder.  Just rub it on then emboss. I gives you great color in the recessed areas. I also took floral wire, wrapped it around a skewer and clipped it for tendrils.

Next, I have a z-fold card



I cut the cardbase at 4 1/4 by 8 1/2 then cut a blue square 3inches and another one at 3 1/2 inches. Rounded all the corners and scored at 2 1/8 inches and 4 1/4 inches.

These were really easy.
Go by Cuttin' Up with Class to download the free pumpkin file and play along with us.

9 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

The texture on the pumpkin is awesome
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Cheryl First said...

Gorgeous, Jani! Love them all! I'm so excited, too, and hopping through my blog reading list now. :0)

Eva Laney said...

Very cute an all of your projects, that embossing is gorgeous. I have never tried with ink before.
Hugs ~ Eva
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com

Gail said...

LOVE the album Jani! I keep forgetting about my embossing folders. Thanks for the reminder!

Rhonda Emery said...

love the embossed pumpkin mini it is gourgeous and your card is beautiful also. thank you so much for having me be apart of your design team. hugs

Anna Dawn said...

Oh Jani! Your pumpkin album is so awesome! I never heard of inking up the embossing folders before embossing! And a Z-fold and step card! I still haven't tried these types of cards yet... So cute! I'm so glad you asked me to be on your DT!! *Hugs*

Davi said...

Jani, Fab job on the pumpkin album and the cool card with those wonderful pumpkins!!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow!! This is gorgeous!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

OMG, these are gorgeous, girl! I had a hard time deciding, but I think I like the mini album best, simply because that inked embossing is so spectacular! ~Hugs, Cheryl