Tuesday, May 1, 2012

CASE Study Challenge # 88

Hello my crafty friends! I got some new goodies and wanted to play with them a little on my
CASE Study Challenge entry.




Everything was cut from plain ivory card stock and inked. I made an A2 card that folded at the top.  I rounded the 2 bottom corners. As you can see, I used lots of layers. The top layer is embossed with TH Texture Fade-Springtime Backgrounds that I just got. I went over the top of the embossed area with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. (I did a video a while back showing how to do this technique)


I made a pretty little note card with a flourish on the side. I inked it with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink then went over the flourish area with that color Distress Stain. The stain was used again on the butterfly. My handmade paper rose was inked with the Distress ink.


For the sentiment I used an acrylic stamp with Distress ink. Since Distress does not work so well with acrylic stamps, I went over it with the fine tip of my new Distress Marker. (Yippee! My markers finally came!)  


Well, I am off to play with my new toys again.
You can check out the Case Study Challenge # 88 at this link.

6 comments:

Christina said...

This is a monochromatic beauty, Jani! I love the pearl accents and gorgeous inked background. Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesome, I adore the sweet flower...have a fantastic week!

enjoy *~*

Aimes said...

I love how that embossed background coordinates perfectly with the flourish and your butterfly!
Thanks for joining us on CASE Study this week :)
Hugs!
x

Trisha said...

Beautiful card, Jani! Thank you for sharing it!

Davi said...

This is really beautiful! I love the embossing and how you highlighted it ! The pretty border and pearls look wonderful with the butterfly :) Always a delight to stop by Jani!!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, I can't believe this started out as ivory card stock!! You inked it beautifully!! This is stunning :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts