Saturday, September 18, 2010

Paper roses card, code CSC06




I made this for a challenge at Case Study. This is my first challenge. I think the roses came out extremely well.
I made the card with the same cut file I made for the other bracket edged card (below).

I used Penny Duncan's cut file for the paper roses. You can get her cut file and watch a tutorial she made telling you how to make the roses on her blog. (see link below)  I used cardstock instead of watercolor paper and I used the cut file that I made for the leaves. (same leaves as pansy/violet below).


The roses have homemade glimmer mist on them (it is hard to see in the picture)

Here are my cut files:

Bracket border card   Svg    Scut


You can get Penny's rose cut file here.
(You will need to scroll down to "is it a 'p' or PDC?")

13 comments:

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Oh Jani!!!! What a GORGEOUSLY BEAUTIFUL card!!! I love the total affect of this card...the roses are SO beautiful!!!! Don't you just LOVE the glimmer mist!!!! I could sit and stare at this card for a very long time......

Jani said...

Thank you ,Penny! Thanks for the cut file and inspiration too!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

These are very pretty roses indeed! Great job with the inspiration, thanks so much for playing with us this week! :)

Aimes said...

Those roses are gorgeous! They look fantastic!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Becky said...

These roses are gorgeous and loving the color combo

JustYolie said...

STUNNING card!! Love it!

Andrea Ewen said...

Adorable paper roses and their color is so striking on the black and white background! Love that lovely damask design and wonderful sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study challenge!

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

What gorgeous roses!!! Love how they pop against the background of black and white!! Such and elegant card!!!

Sue Kohler said...

this is awesome Jani!! The flowers and the colours are clear winners!! Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

Lenet said...

Gorgeous!!!Love the roses!
Thank you very much for playing at the Case Study

Trisha said...

Beautifully elegant! Thanks for sharing the photos, and the cut file for the leaves, especially. They are perfect with the roses.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 12 post on Oct. 08, 2010. Thanks again.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Flowers post on Oct. 08, 2010. Thanks again.